Every company wants to grow. No one wants his or her products setting in storage as unsold inventory. You want to keep these products moving (selling), and one way to do this is to grow your team of affiliates. Knowing how to keep your existing affiliates and finding more affiliates is the one of the best ways to increase your sales.
For any Affiliate that is sending you traffic, interact with them and thank them for their efforts. You can collaborate with them so that they can earn as much money as possible from the traffic they send and this way you will maintain a constant traffic flow that will increase your sales. Take your time and educate your affiliates on how they can promote your products.
Here is how to find affiliates who are ready to promote your products:
1. Create an optimized page for your keyword/niche/brand affiliate program so that it can be tracked and be easily found in Google search engines.
2. Search for affiliate program directories and add your program on it.
3. Join and actively network at the top affiliate forums.
4. You can also use Google Analytics to find traffic sources. Choose relevant sites that work for both you and your visitors. In most cases, these are mainly bloggers and publishers in a similar or related niche. Contact them about becoming one of your affiliates.
5. Apart from Google Analytics, you can also use other analytics programs to identify from where your traffic is originating.
6. Analyze your competiton and track the sites that are sending traffic to them. Narrow down to only the sites that focus and deal within your niche. You can offer them a better deal and then have them re-direct that traffic to to your site. It’s a world of competition and if you don’t outwit your competitor you stand to lose.
7. You can also use ALEXA to get Affiliate details. All you need to do is type your website URL, click on get details and click on stream related links. These are links that direct you to sites similar to your own. Check the sites linking in and see who is sending traffic. Approach the sites and offer them the opportunity to become your affiliate.
8. Don’t limit your hunt to competitors only, also look for sites that target your same market but are not competitors. For instance, you sell products such as plates and cups, find websites that sell cutlery to form a mutual beneficial relationship. They can promote your plates and cups, and you can promote their knives, spoons, etc. Working with them hand in hand will eventually turn them into affiliates
9. You can also find new affiliates using social media. Dive right in and see whether someone is talking positively about your products. Do they have a website? If so, ask them to become one of your affiliates and be paid to do what they are already doing. You will be surprised by the number of people saying yes.
10. While you are still on social media, find out who is talking about your type of product but not necessarily your brand name. For instance, if you design and sell shoes, get to know who is interested in your shoes and see if they want to become affiliates. You can also go to YouTube and look for the same. You have endless possibilities here.
11. You can find lens builders by searching Squidoo. Try to find out if they can promote your product on their lens or on a new one to exclusively promote your product.
12. I should have mentioned this as number 1. Use Google to search for various sites in your niche that are list building and can promote your products. Approach the ones that are a good fit and ask them to become an affiliate.
13. During your Google search, try adding the phrase ‘Powered by AWeber’ and all other major autoresponders to your keywords. You will discover sites that are building lists in your niche.
14. Always advertise your program by placing an affiliate link on the bottom of every page. Affiliates marketers instinctively look here if they are interested in promoting your product.